Aloha United Way works with the entire community to bring about systemic change and is uniquely positioned to make positive impacts for
Donate before the end of the year and help your neighbors
most impacted by COVID-19 and structural inequities which jeopardize their
health, safety, and well-being. Your donation will:
- Help provide vulnerable community members with job placement services, financial literacy counseling, job training/career counseling and other fundamental support systems to improve prospects for the ALICE population here in Hawai‘i.
- Help give your neighbors access to Safety Net and emergency housing resources. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development reports chronic homelessness increased 15% during the COVID-19 pandemic. Your donation will help combat chronic homelessness.
- Enable us to respond. AUW’s 211 Helpline continues to answer calls from across the state. Receiving more than 42,000 calls to date, 211 Specialists are a dependable lifeline connecting our people with every possible resource under the sun.
- Make sure that Aloha United Way can continue to identify and fund the most important initiatives in our community.
The recent challenges to lives and livelihoods will take years to overcome. That's why Aloha United Way works to go beyond responding to immediate needs. We're helping a community recover. We're reimagining more equitable communities, and we're a vital force in building resilient communities where everyone can thrive. We can't do any of this work without you. When you donate to Aloha United Way you:
- Make healthy and affordable food more accessible.
- Provide more shelter for people experiencing homelessness.
- Help more people connect to 211, a critical helpline.
- Give more people support navigating unemployment benefits.
- Increase job training opportunities.
- Address keiki care and parenting needs.
- Connect more people to mental health care services.
Our neighbors should not be forced to wait any longer for relief, support, equality, or for the opportunity to live a healthy life and thrive. Please make a year-end donation and help bring help to people now. You’re in great company, so please join the thousands of other community members who support the Aloha United Way to make a bigger impact.