How to get tax help

Learn if you’re eligible for free assistance or how to volunteer

Tax season is approaching, and you can give or receive help through free tax assistance programs. Here’s how it works.

If you make less than $54,000 per year, have a disability or speak limited English, you likely qualify for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. If you’re 60 years of age or older, you likely qualify for Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE). That means volunteers can assist you with preparing your federal tax filing at no charge.

The times and locations listed below are where you can get help with your taxes. Here’s a list of what to bring with you to your site.

Interested in volunteering as a VITA tax preparer? Read these FAQs and sign up via Urban League.


You're here
because you care.
So do we.

Your story is intertwined with United Way's. Together, we're creating a generation of hand raisers, game changers, and moment makers who act on behalf of our communities.

Heading out?

Stay connected.

You can impact the people in your community who need it the most.

Thank You!

Your participation is invaluable to our community. See you at an upcoming volunteer event, soon.

Before you
head out...

We have one more thing to show you!

Take me there