Everything starts with the home. Whether it’s an address so you can be employed, or being able to stay in the same school all year, or having a place to cook a healthy meal together—we know that the root of all good things is a sense of place and a sense of home.
Yet many families in our community don't have a safe and stable home or are one missed rent or mortgage payment away from homelessness.
United Way and community partners have set a goal: end family homelessness in our community.
Donations to United Way's Safe & Stable Homes initiative support proven strategies at local nonprofit and government agencies focusing on eviction prevention, moving families in shelter to permanent housing, and ensuring they have the resources they need to stay housed.
Current funded partners include:
- Advocates of Ozaukee
- The Cathedral Center, Inc.
- Community Advocates
- Family Promise of Waukesha County
- Family Promise of Ozaukee County
- FRIENDS, Inc.
- Heartland Alliance Housing
- Hope House of Milwaukee
- IMPACT, Inc.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
- Legal Aid Society
- Mediate Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
- Outreach Community Health Centers
- Salvation Army - Wisconsin & Upper Michigan
- United Methodist's Children's Services of WI
- Wisconsin Veteran's Network (VetsNet)