United Way of Kosciusko County believes every kid can become a great reader. Now we are on mission to make sure our kids have more than enough books to read.
United Way’s BIG GIVE initiative is on a mission to raise 6,000 gently used children’s books as a part of our 60th anniversary. Give your outgrown books a new home! United Way will take all children’s books, particularly
- Baby books
- Board books
- Spanish books
- Rhyming books
- Story books
- Number books
- Shape books
- Animal books
- Picture books
- Chapter books
To Get Involved
- Personal donations can be dropped off at United Way offices (119 E. Center St., Warsaw) during business hours between now and August 21, 2018.
- If your business, club, church or school wants to gather books, just call (574) 269-2592 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org United Way to request your “BIG GIVE” donation tub and information packet. You can fill it over the summer and bring it back when its full.
What happens to the books?
On August 23, volunteers will unpack, clean and sort the 6,000 donated children’s books. Books will be bundled into 50 book packs and distributed widely by the end of the day.
- Every licensed child care in the county
- Kosciusko Literacy Council’s Reading Won’t Wait program
- All county nonprofits where children temporarily reside (Fellowship Mission, Beaman Home, etc.)
- Every United Way Community Partner’s Waiting Room
- After School programs
- Parenting programs