A little goes a long way.
It’s a phrase we hear a lot. When it comes to making a difference in our neighbors' lives, it rings true.
Giving as little as $5 can make a big difference in the lives of families and individuals who are struggling to make ends meet.
Two in five households in our part of Connecticut struggle to make ends meet and afford necessities like a home, care for their children, healthy meals, or a reliable way to get to work. Imagine – almost half the people in Danbury and Stamford are struggling to pay for their most basic needs. That’s how deep this problem reaches.
If you’re still looking for a reason to give, we’ve got you covered. When you donate your $5 (or more if you’re feeling generous), know that you are giving so:
- All third graders can be strong readers
- All kids can find an enrichment activity they love
- All children can build strong social-emotional skills
- All infants can be healthy and in safe childcare
- All students have the opportunity to graduate from high school
- Hard-working families who struggle to pay for groceries get free, healthy food
- All kids can have encouragement to be physically active
So take five minutes (or less!) and give $5 (or more!) today.1