Helping kids and teens access the educational tools they need to succeed in school and life is more important than ever with the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. We've compiled a list of resources to help parents, guardians and students navigate at-home learning. Check back often as we will continue updating this site.
Lessons and Learning
- Alliance For Public Schools - Lessons and online learning, supplemental materials and virtual field trips
- myON - Online book library for children in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties
- PBS Kids for Parents - Tips and activities to help children grow
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Learning experiences for PreK-12
- Mystery Science - Free science lessons
- National Geographic Kids - Experiments, quizzes, homework help and more
- San Diego Zoo - Live webcam of koalas, giraffes, elephants and more with fun animal facts
- Georgia Aquarium - Live webcam of otters, penguins, whales and more
- CodeWizardsHQ - Lists free coding apps, websites and activities
- Storyline Online - Videos of celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations
- Starfall - Reading, language arts and mathematics for PreK-3rd grade
- Amazon Future Engineers - Free computer science classes and projects
Arts and Activities
- Kennedy Center Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems - Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home will host lunchtime art lessons. Additional activity sheets available.
- Adventure Valley Day Camp - "Camp at Home" activities and adventures on Facebook and Instagram
- Go Noodle - Over 100 free videos to get kids up and moving
- Special Olympics School of Strength - fun, short workouts with WWE Superstar Becky Lynch
Local school districts are offering assistance for students and families ranging from free wifi to free food pickup options to activities and learning tools. Please visit your school district's website to see how they can help.
Please visit our Coronavirus Assistance Center for additional resources including unemployment benefits, food banks, 2-1-1 and more.